Genital Aesthetics – What is Labiaplasty?
It is generally described as a surgery to cut down and aesthetically correct the inner lips, which are congenital or enlarged, lengthened, darkened, drooping or irregular with adolescence.
Sometimes it can also be done because one lip part, which we call “labial asymmetry”, is longer or has a different structure than the other.
Genital Aesthetics – Reasons for Labiaplasty?
- Discomfort caused by obvious bulge when wearing bikini and tights. The protruding appearance of this area can negatively affect social life.
- Frequent yeast infections, frequent vaginal infections due to keeping the genital area moist.
- Being afraid of the partner during sexual intercourse, embarrassment, inability to concentrate during intercourse.
- Hygienic problems such as odor formation and discharge accumulation in the genital area.
- Rubbing while wearing tight pants
- Pain due to stretching during sexual intercourse, feeling of pain
- numbness during sexual intercourse
- Difficulty urinating, the need to strain.
- Urine going in different directions in the toilet, wetting the legs
- Discomfort while walking, cycling and sitting are among the most common causes.
Does it damage the hymen?
Labiaplasty surgery does not damage the inner hymen, so the operation can be easily performed on virgins. It is also observed that when applied with the right technique, it has positive effects on sexual pleasure in the postoperative period.
How is the operation done?
Labiaplasty operation can be performed under local anesthesia, general anesthesia or spinal anesthesia. The average operation time is about 1 hour. If a vaginal tightening operation will be performed in the same session, this period may be extended. Sometimes, a superficial type of anesthesia called sedation anesthesia may also be preferred. Whichever form of anesthesia is preferred, patients never feel pain or pain during the operation.
What should be considered after the operation?
It is normal to have mild bleeding, pain, burning, stinging and edema in the postoperative period. In case of bleeding more than menstrual bleeding or sudden swelling of the tissue, the physician should be contacted. Due to its anatomical location, this region heals extremely quickly.
In general, you can return to school or work life after 3 days. Especially during the first week, regular dressings and compliance with general hygiene rules also shorten the healing process. The sutures usually fall off on their own within 20 days. After labiaplasty, sexual life, sports, yoga, pilates, pool, Turkish bath, sea and massage are free after 1 (one) month.