As age progresses, sagging and sagging occur in the neck skin as well as on the face. Thus, the angle between the neck and the chin disappears. In people who gain and lose a lot of weight, people with a small lower jaw and back, the skin under the neck becomes loose at an earlier age. The aesthetic problems of the neck area are usually caused by anatomical and structural problems, and surgical correction of the damaged anatomy is required for their correction.
A tight and tight neck is almost always an indication of youth, energetic appearance and beauty. Sagging in the neck area is more noticeable in both men and women, usually around the eyes and cheeks.
Neck Lift Surgery
There are different procedures to eliminate these problems in the neck. During a traditional facelift operation, the incisions usually start at the hairline, continue behind the ear, and end at the lower part of the head. Subcutaneous tissues and muscles are tightened. During this operation, it is aimed to repair the sagging in the deep subcutaneous tissues and then the excess skin is removed and the incisions are closed. If the sagging of the person’s neck is too much, an additional incision under the chin may be required.
If the person has problems such as fat accumulation under the chin, skin sagging and loosening of the neck skin, neck lift operations can also be combined with a face lift.
After neck lift operation
- There is swelling-bruising in proportion to the width and size of the operation. These pass in four to ten days.
- It is very normal to feel tension, tightness, burning, numbness at first. After a week, they gradually disappear.
- It may be necessary to remove some stitches, if any. On average, this period is 7 days.
- Aspirin or similar drugs should not be taken as they may cause bleeding.
- If you are a smoker, you should not smoke for at least two to three weeks.
- Back to work in a week or two. Sports activities should be avoided for at least three to four weeks.