Hair transplant is a surgical procedure that involves removing hair follicles from one area of the scalp (known as the “donor site”) and transplanting them to another area of the scalp (known as the “recipient site”) that is experiencing hair loss or thinning. The goal of the procedure is to improve the appearance of the hair by restoring natural hair growth in the areas that have lost hair.
There are two primary methods of hair transplantation: Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). FUT involves removing a strip of skin from the donor area and dissecting it into individual hair follicles for transplantation, while FUE involves extracting individual hair follicles directly from the scalp using a specialized tool.
The hair transplant procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia and can take several hours to complete depending on the number of follicles that need to be transplanted. After the procedure, the patient may experience some swelling and discomfort, which can be managed with pain medication.
Hair transplant is generally considered a safe and effective treatment for hair loss, but it’s important to choose a qualified and experienced surgeon to perform the procedure. It’s also important to have realistic expectations for the results, as the outcome will depend on factors such as the extent of hair loss, the quality of the donor hair, and the skill of the surgeon.
Who Can Have Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure that involves taking hair follicles from one part of the body (usually the back of the head) and transplanting them into areas of the scalp where hair is thinning or balding.
Not everyone is a good candidate for hair transplantation. Some factors that may affect whether or not someone is a good candidate for the procedure include:
- Age: Hair transplant is not recommended for individuals under the age of 25, as their hair loss pattern may not have stabilized yet.
- Health: People with certain medical conditions, such as bleeding disorders or autoimmune diseases, may not be good candidates for the procedure.
- Hair quality: The quality of the hair in the donor area is an important factor in determining the success of the transplant.
- Hair loss pattern: Hair transplantation may not be effective for people with advanced hair loss or those who have bald patches with little to no hair left.
- Expectations: It’s important to have realistic expectations about what hair transplantation can and cannot achieve. It’s not a cure for baldness, but rather a way to improve the appearance of thinning hair.
It’s important to consult with a qualified hair restoration surgeon to determine whether or not hair transplantation is a good option for you. They can evaluate your hair loss pattern and overall health to determine whether or not the procedure is a good fit.
What Should I Pay Attention To After Hair Transplantation?
After hair transplantation, it’s important to take care of your scalp and hair to promote healing and achieve the best possible results. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Avoid touching or scratching the transplanted area for at least a week after the procedure.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity for a few days to a week after the procedure, as sweating can irritate the scalp and affect the healing process.
- Follow the instructions provided by your doctor regarding when to wash your hair and what products to use.
- Avoid exposing the scalp to direct sunlight for the first few weeks after the procedure, and wear a hat or sunscreen to protect the scalp if you need to be outside.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol for at least a week after the procedure, as these can slow down the healing process.
- Take any medications prescribed by your doctor as directed.
- Be patient and allow time for the transplanted hair to grow. It may take several months to see the full results of the procedure.
It’s also important to keep in touch with your doctor and follow up with prp any appointments they schedule to monitor your progress and ensure the best possible outcome.
How is it decided which hair technique will be used in hair transplantation?
Choosing the right hair transplant technique largely depends on the individual patient’s hair loss pattern, hair density, and hair texture. There are two main types of hair transplant techniques: Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
FUT involves removing a strip of skin from the donor area of the scalp, and then the strip is dissected into individual follicular units to be transplanted into the recipient area. FUE, on the other hand, involves removing individual follicular units from the donor area using a small punch tool and transplanting them into the recipient area.
Here are some factors to consider when deciding which hair transplant technique to choose:
- Degree of Hair Loss: For patients with more extensive hair loss, FUT may be a better option as it can provide more donor hair grafts in a single session.
- Hair Texture: FUE may be a better option for patients with curly or kinky hair as it allows for more precise extraction of individual follicular units.
- Donor Area: Patients with a limited donor area may benefit from FUE as it allows for more targeted extraction and reduces the risk of scarring in the donor area.
- Recovery Time: FUE typically has a shorter recovery time than FUT as it does not involve sutures or incisions.
- Patient Preferences: Ultimately, the decision of which technique to use should also take into account the patient’s individual preferences and goals for the hair transplant procedure.
It’s important to consult with a qualified hair transplant surgeon who can evaluate your individual circumstances and recommend the best technique for your specific needs.
Can I Have a Hair Transplant in Bodrum, Muğla, Turkey?
Yes, hair transplantation is a popular and widely available procedure in Bodrum, Muğla, Turkey. In fact, Turkey is known as a global hub for hair transplantation, and Bodrum is one of the many cities in Turkey that offer this procedure.
Turkey has become a popular destination for hair transplantation due to its high-quality facilities, experienced surgeons, and affordable prices. Many clinics in Bodrum offer hair transplantation services, and patients from around the world travel to Bodrum and other cities in Turkey to receive this procedure.
If you are considering having a hair transplant in Bodrum, it’s important to do your research and choose a reputable and experienced hair transplant clinic. Look for a clinic with a good track record of success, and read reviews from previous patients. You should also schedule a consultation with the clinic before the procedure to discuss your expectations and ask any questions you may have.
FUE Hair Transplant
FUE Hair Transplantation surgery is a type of aesthetic operation that is frequently performed as a permanent solution to baldness today. It is the process of taking hair follicles with special-tipped medical devices under local anesthesia and placing them from the donor area to the balding areas, taking into account the hair growth angle and direction.
In this application, the hair is taken one by one and transferred to the balding area.
How is FUE Hair Transplantation Applied?
- In this method, first of all, during the patient examination, the sparseness of the hair is determined, the forehead line is drawn, and the density of hair transplantation is decided.
- Then the region to be used as a donor is selected.
- In the Fue method, there is no incision or stitching in the area where the hair is taken.
- Since the operation is performed in the area where the roots are taken, small abrasions occur and heal within a few days, leaving no traces.
- During the application, channels are opened on the scalp where hair follicles will be placed.
- Grafts taken from the donor area are placed in these channels one by one.
- There are between one and three hairs in each graft.
How Does the Process Work After FUE Hair Transplantation?
Some or all of the transplanted hair experiences shock loss within 1-2 months. This is a situation that varies from person to person. While there is no shedding in some, it may even spill completely in others. It is generally expected that it will shed completely and this is a normal process. Shedding hair starts to grow after the dormant phase, that is, approximately 3 months after planting. And within 8 to 10 months, it will be in shape. Since the peak area is formed a little later, 10-12 months are needed for this area.
What are the advantages of FUE?
- In FUE, healthy and strong hair follicles in the nape area are selected one by one.
- Recovery is faster in the FUE method.
- Thanks to the FUE method, hair follicles in different parts of the body can be used for planting.
- In the FUE hair transplant method, the possibility of damaging the surrounding hair follicles is extremely low.
Things to consider in FUE;
Before the procedure, blood thinners, smoking and alcohol consumption should not be done.
On the day of the application, you should come with breakfast, a shirt that can be opened from the front or a t-shirt that can be easily removed from the head should be preferred.
- Medicines prescribed by the doctor should be used regularly.
- They should not move their heads back and forth too much for a few days.
- They should prefer slightly high and orthopedic pillows with their heads up.
- They should not use other products other than the hair care products recommended by the physician.
- Hair washing should be done as of the third day.
- Hats and berets used should be soft, irritating clothes should not be worn.
- Hand contact should not be made to the head area.
- They should not do sports for a few days.